Monday, November 17, 2008

14 Weeks down 26 Weeks to go

So, my belly always seems to get a little bigger towards the end of the day and this was at 9pm so it looks bigger than it really is. Supposedly I should be able to feel movement in the next weeks or so. Morning sickness has somewhat subsided. I only get real sick if I don't get something to eat the second I get hungry. I am so thankful that I have made it through the first trimester yay!!! On that note, I have changed Doctors. I was not very pleased with the bedside manner of my last Doctor so I chose to look elsewhere for care. My sister loved this Doctor but I really had a bad feeling about her and I think I am very intuitive so I have and appointment scheduled for tomorrow with a Dr. Brass-Jones tomorrow. I was told by one of the Labor and Delivery nurses I know that she is all about the Natural childbirth and that she would be very supportive with what I want to do(hypnobirthing). My last doctor laughed at me when I told her that I wanted to give birth all natural and I would have loved to do so in water put it is not possible if I want to have it in a hospital for safety reasons. She also scared the crap out of me at my first appointment and she didn't do so in the nicest way either so. I am no longer living in the past and I have high hopes for the future. I have a huge weight lifted off my shoulder knowing that she will not be delivering my baby. So here is my little belly.

14 Weeks

10 THOUGHTS:

The Carns said...

You look so cute,I cant wait!Keep taking pictures,I didn't and wished I would have.I'm glad you feel better about the Dr. switch up!Love Ya

THE BROWN FAMILY said...

Hey girl its Cindy again, I am not stocking you either. But I had Hazen naturally and it was amazing. We read and "attempted" the hypnobirthing process but once went into hard labor, I was like the hell with it I am going to do my own thing and it worked out. Good luck and study and practice the book EXTREMELY WELL. That is all the advise I have on that.

Unknown said...

What a cute belly!

It was so fun running into you a few weeks ago!

I agree on changing doctors. It is so important for your doctor to be on the same page as you!

brady lady said...

nice little belly, wait till your boobs out grow your belly, i wanna see a pic of that!!

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh my goodness! YOur little belly is so adorable! I wish I looked like that when I was pregnant! YOu are so CUTE:) I've heard that there are natural birthing centers that you can go to if you want to do the labor in the bath, I know there's one in the valley, I just don't know where.

Janelle said...

I love that you are popping out now! Too cute! Way to stand up for yourself and get a new doctor. It will make all the difference in creating the birth you want! You are awesome! I think you are definitely intuitive!

Tatiana said...

cute little belly. Smart move changing doctors. Good luck with that natural birth! Natasha sister gave birth in a bath and she said it was AMAZING! I just don't think I'm strong enough to ever do it!! But I know you are.

Have fun at the dunes!!! Be safe :)

melissa hogle said...

Megan - your belly bump is so tiny and cute! I can't wait for you to start feeling movement...its fascinating! Keep us posted on everything!

Stacey said...

so cute! Glad you're feeling better. The 2nd trimester is the best. you can feel the baby and have more energy and eat pretty much whatever you want :) we miss you.

Marjolein said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations