Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sleep - Sick - Back to sleep again

This whole pregnancy thing is quite interesting. The last time I felt remotely normal was several days ago. My sinuses have been the worst that I have ever experienced and I have dealt with sinus stuff before. Because I have so much drainage I have a very difficult time sleeping and then on top of that I either have the stomach flu or this is what my whole pregnancy is going to be like. Running to the bathroom several times a night, can't sleep. Yep I'm sure you didn't want to hear that. But no matter how sick I get I am so grateful to be able to create this beautiful life that is growing in side of me.

Brody, one of my cute dogs, is so close to me I swear she knows when I am not feeling good and she just comes and snuggles with me. The other morning I was having a hard time getting ready for work because I had absolutely no energy but every time I looked down Brody was just staring at me and following me around. I know that my dog and I are close but I didn't think she knew when I wasn't feeling good. Some of you may think that I am crazy, but my dogs are like my little children. My dogs go everywhere except NY and Hawaii with us. I love them

I had a little scare last week but I know that my body will overcome this and my baby will be as healthy as any baby could possibly be. I try to get up and read an affirmation or two about me or my day or my health. It seems to help and anytime during the day when I start to not feel so great I reassure my body that everything will be okay and that this is what it is made to do. It is amazing how the body can be so -- mind over matter.

I am thankful that Trevor is there for me just assuring me everyday that everything will be okay and that this will all work out the way our Heavenly Father wants it to be. I am so grateful for the Savior and for the Family that I have been blessed with, and my amazing but sometimes difficult husband.

Trevor is going to be an amazing dad I just can't wait to see him in action. He loves playing with everyone else children and I know that he will adore his own little one.

(Trevor and Taryn, Janelle and Steve's little girl)

4 THOUGHTS:

Unknown said...

I didn't know that you are pregnant! Congrats!
Hope you start feeling better!

Tatiana said...

I am so happy for you! I'm still upset you didn't tell me after we just talked like what a freakin week ago!!! But yay!!!!! You will be ok. You have such a strong faith in Heavenly Father I know he will look out for you and bless you!

Janelle said...

Taryn is so cute, and Trevor too! He will be an amazing dad! You will be/ are an amazing mom! I love that you do affirmations. I have been doing them for a year, actually it is probably two years now. They work. It is awesome! Just keep picturing that little one in your arms! We'll pray for you too! I didn't feel tons better until week 16, hopefully it will be sooner for you. I don't throw up tons, mostly nausea. I had the worst sinus pain ever when I was pregnant with Byron. Maybe its a boy!? :) I love you both!

Janelle said...

Taryn is so cute, and Trevor too! He will be an amazing dad! You will be/ are an amazing mom! I love that you do affirmations. I have been doing them for a year, actually it is probably two years now. They work. It is awesome! Just keep picturing that little one in your arms! We'll pray for you too! I didn't feel tons better until week 16, hopefully it will be sooner for you. I don't throw up tons, mostly nausea. I had the worst sinus pain ever when I was pregnant with Byron. Maybe its a boy!? :) I love you both!