Monday, June 30, 2008
HAWAII
So I finally decided to post my trip to Hawaii. Trevor and I went with his family June 7th through the 16th and it was amazing.
below is mostly for my family to see what we did when we were there. If you are not interested in reading all about it, enjoy the pics.
6/7/08 Saturday ~ got to Hawaii 9:30pm and car rental place closed at 10pm we so didn't make it but this really cool guy driving the Alamo bus picked us up and tried to take us to the enterprise were we rented our car from but instead we just rented two vans from them overnight to get us to our house. Then we went back on sunday to get out 15 passenger van to lug us all around together.
6/8/08 Sunday ~ We layed around got over our jet lag and played some wii.
6/9/08 Monday~ We went to the Polynesian Culture Center for the day. We got the Super Ambassadors Pass and I highly recommend it to all who go to the PCC. You are able to sit in the front row, participate in all the action and also in our case be the last to the Luau but the first to eat. We also sat front and center at the night show and it was so cool watching all the people up close. We could feel the flames from the fire of the Samo fireknife guy.
6/10/08 Tuesday ~ So Trevor tried his hardest to find swimming with the Manta rays at night but they only had it on the big island and we were not about to spent all that money to fly there and back. So he decided to look into swimming with the sharks. Kinda scary but totally worth it. Jenna, Daniel and I got sea sick and ended up throwing up either in the shark cage or over the side of the boat. Then we went to Motsumotos. I guess it is rated pretty high on the travel channel for places to stop while in Hawaii. They have amazing shaved ice and usually a really long line but on this day there was none at all. Then on the way back we stopped at the Dole Plantation, delicious pineapple.
6/11/08 Wednesday~ We woke up pretty early and drove about and hour to go scuba diving at sharks cove. I have only been scuba diving once before in Mexico but that was nothing compared to this. The clearest water with at least probably 30 feet of visability. We say two sea turtles and played with two octopi. Our scuba instructor has an awesome website http://scubadrewvideo.typepad.com/waterblog/ its really cool. There is a video on there of a seal breathing air on the underneath of a tunnel. Very cool
6/12/08 Thursday~ We started off going to Pearl Harbor. We weren't able to go through all the museums and places we wanted but we got to see a few things. Later that day we went on an amazing helicopter ride all around the island. We saw beautiful waterfalls, clear blue waters and Pearl Harbor from above as well as many more beautiful sites. Definitely recommend that.
6/13/08 Friday~ We didn't have anything planned so we decided to go golfing. Trevor and I have been golfing on and off for the last couple of years, you could say it's our hobby together. We are both decent. It was a pretty cool golf course, very unique holes but it had an beautiful view. It was kinda funny watching Tyler and Trey golf because they are so tall and the clubs were not quite tall enough. Trey had the best sock line sunburn it was hillarious.
6/14/08 Saturday~ We didn't have anything planned so we went swimming in the ocean, found a baby puffer fish and played with it. Then I decided to lay out for a little while and read a book. I was only out there for about an hour and I was as red as a tomatoe and I am still peeling from it. It hurt so so so bad.
6/15/08 Sunday~ We had to be out of the house at 11am and our flight didn't leave until 9pm so we stopped at the park to eat all the left over food we had in the house and we had a lot of food to spare after lunch so we saw a group of people who definitely looked homely so Daniel asked if they wanted our food and they graciously took it. Then we went to the temple which was incredible and watched a movie(The Incredible Hulk), not at the temple we went to the movie theaters of course. Then we did a little more shopping and went to the airport and left my dream home behind.
Got home 8am 6/16/08 Monday morning, went straight to sleep for most of the rest of the day
I am so thankful that Tammy and Trey helped all of us get there because we had a great time.
CREATED BY: Megan and Trevor Whiting at 22:36
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 THOUGHTS:
Soo jealous- and so much fun!! I LOVE Hawaii!! I am trying to talk Collin into us going back this year for our 4th anniversary...cross your fingers ;) You look great though- I miss you!!!
Megan! SO good to hear from you!!! Your trip to Hawaii looked so awsome! You and your husband are so cute together and you look gorgeous! We ladies really need to get together - I miss you girl!
Post a Comment